Pyrethrin-piperonyl treats lice by killing the parasite responsible for infection. The medication interferes with the parasite's nervous system, resulting in its death. Pyrethrin-piperonyl is most effective when used in combination with self-care, including the thorough decontamination of the affected home, the affected school and personal items. Wash all clothes and bed linens in hot water and dry them on a hot cycle to kill both the parasites and their eggs.
- Q Who should not use pyrethrin-piperonyl?
- Q How does pyrethrin-piperonyl interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Are there any risks using pyrethrin-piperonyl?
- Q What is pyrethrin-piperonyl?
- Q What is triamcinolone acetonide injectable suspension (Triesence)?
- Q What is the maximum daily dosage for pyrethrin-piperonyl?