Permethrin is a pyrethroid, which acts against pests such as lice, ticks, fleas, and mites. It attacks the nerve cell membrane in the pests. Essentially, it interrupts the sodium channel current to the nerves and consequently paralyzes the pests. This, in turn, causes death of lice, mites, and eggs.
- Q Why should I get permethrin-treated clothing?
- Q What is Permethrin?
- Q What should I do after I use permethrin?
- Q How should I use Permethrin?
- Q After I use Permethrin, how do I keep scabies and lice from coming back?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Permethrin?