Permethrin is a pyrethroid, which acts against pests such as lice, ticks, fleas, and mites. It attacks the nerve cell membrane in the pests. Essentially, it interrupts the sodium channel current to the nerves and consequently paralyzes the pests. This, in turn, causes death of lice, mites, and eggs.
- Q Why should I get permethrin-treated clothing?
- Q How soon after taking Permethrin will my symptoms improve?
- Q Can my elderly parents use permethrin?
- Q Can I wear permethrin-treated clothes if I am pregnant?
- Q What are the side effects of Permethrin?
- Q Who should use Permethrin?