Permethrin is a pyrethroid, which acts against pests such as lice, ticks, fleas, and mites. It attacks the nerve cell membrane in the pests. Essentially, it interrupts the sodium channel current to the nerves and consequently paralyzes the pests. This, in turn, causes death of lice, mites, and eggs.
- Q What is Permethrin?
- Q Can my elderly parents use permethrin?
- Q Is there a generic version of Permethrin?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of permethrin clothing?
- Q What should I do after I use permethrin?
- Q After I use Permethrin, how do I keep scabies and lice from coming back?