Calamine lotion can be used to help stop the itching when skin is sunburned and begins to peel. Try to avoid sunburn by using sunscreen and staying out of the sun during the hottest time of the day. Using aloe vera on a sunburn may heal the burn without as much peeling and itching. Talk to your doctor about skin protection from harmful sunburn.
- Q Can calamine lotion help with chicken pox?
- Q What is triamcinolone acetonide injectable suspension (Triesence)?
- Q Should I include calamine lotion in a home first aid kit?
- Q Can calamine lotion be used for shingles?
- Q Can calamine lotion be used for bites or insect stings?
- Q Can calamine lotion be used on poison ivy?