Shingles is a skin rash from the same virus that causes chicken pox. Shingles can be very painful with a far more severe and blistering skin rash. If you have itchy skin and discomfort from a shingles outbreak, calamine lotion may help relieve these symptoms. Shingles can develop into a very serious health issue, so talk with your doctor or health care provider as soon as you have symptoms to decide on the best treatment plan.
- Q Can calamine lotion be used to treat sunburn?
- Q What is triamcinolone acetonide injectable suspension (Triesence)?
- Q Is zinc oxide in calamine lotion?
- Q Is calamine lotion safe to use on children?
- Q Does calamine lotion work for the itch of shingles?
- Q How does calamine lotion work?