When will I see the results of a fillers injection?

Patricia Farris, MD
Dermatology

That depends on the type of filler. If you are having a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane or Juvederm then you see the results right away. But with a collagen stimulating filler, like Sculptra, it will take several months before optimal correction is achieved.  This is because these fillers require multiple treatments that are done over several months. Your dermatologists will help you decide which type of filler is best for you. 

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Immediately! I can see the shape of the face evolve, like watching a photograph develop. I even give the patient a mirror so he or she can see the effects and I can add a little more filler if they would like. (Remember, though, that some of the fullness and puffiness you will see in the next few days is due to swelling. The end result may not be fully apparent till that inflammation has gone down.)

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Dermal Fillers