Which activities can worsen my Dercum's disease symptoms?

The symptoms of Dercum's disease affect each person differently, so the best way to know what to avoid is to keep a detailed journal of the pain you experience when doing certain things. In general, people with Dercum's disease often report more severe pain when experiencing the following: prolonged or repeated motions, strenuous exercise, intense therapy, or repeated surgeries. These activities can aggravate stiff or painful muscles and bones, although they can be used in light doses to reduce daily pain. Keep in mind that an activity can be effective at relieving pain only if you pay careful attention to your specific levels of pain. Other factors such as poor diet, excess stress, sleep deprivation, or the misuse of drugs can increase the severity of symptoms in people with Dercum's disease.

Continue Learning about Dercum's Disease

What do I need to know about caring with someone with Dercum's disease?
The best way to care for someone suffering from Dercum's disease is to provide them with loving supp...
Should I be worried about the fatty lumps from Dercum's disease?
Dercum's disease is often characterized by the presence of fatty swellings on the body called lipoma...
Should I worry about Dercum's disease if I am obese and experience fatigue?
Although obesity and extreme fatigue are symptoms of Dercum's disease, a diagnosis usually requires ...
How do other illnesses affect Dercum's disease?
The most prominent illness associated with Dercum's disease is obesity. Although it is possible to c...