What lifestyle changes should I make if I have Dercum's disease?

Treatment for Dercum's disease is mostly focused on controlling pain from specific symptoms. Although each person experiences the symptoms differently, a healthy daily regimen is often the best way to lessen the severity of your symptoms. Maintaining a healthy diet, practicing moderate therapy, and managing stress are ways you can control the pain caused by symptoms of Dercum's disease. Support groups are extremely helpful for emotional health, as they can provide a sense of validation and social acceptance which help manage symptoms such as depression and anxiety. By interacting with other people with Dercum's disease who experience similar challenges, you can also learn better methods of pain control.

Continue Learning about Dercum's Disease

Dercum's Disease

Dercum's disease is a rare disease in which you develop growths of fatty tissue called lipomas just under your skin. When these growths press against your nerves, the pain can very severe. Common symptoms of Dercum's are weight ga...

in that is unrelated to diet or exercise, strange accumulations of fat that have an abnormal consistency, feelings of extreme tiredness and pain to the touch in the affected areas. This disease occurs more often in women than in men. There are no specific tests for diagnosing Dercum's disease. If you have symptoms, you should see your doctor or a pain specialist to help control your pain.