What lifestyle changes should I make if I have Dercum's disease?

Treatment for Dercum's disease is mostly focused on controlling pain from specific symptoms. Although each person experiences the symptoms differently, a healthy daily regimen is often the best way to lessen the severity of your symptoms. Maintaining a healthy diet, practicing moderate therapy, and managing stress are ways you can control the pain caused by symptoms of Dercum's disease. Support groups are extremely helpful for emotional health, as they can provide a sense of validation and social acceptance which help manage symptoms such as depression and anxiety. By interacting with other people with Dercum's disease who experience similar challenges, you can also learn better methods of pain control.

Continue Learning about Dercum's Disease

Is exercise important for someone with Dercum's disease?
Although some people can contract Dercum's disease while maintaining a healthy weight, a majority of...
Should I worry about Dercum's disease if I am obese and experience fatigue?
Although obesity and extreme fatigue are symptoms of Dercum's disease, a diagnosis usually requires ...
What is the duration of Dercum's disease?
Because little is known about what causes Dercum's disease, there is no known cure. The only treatme...
Which activities can worsen my Dercum's disease symptoms?
The symptoms of Dercum's disease affect each person differently, so the best way to know what to avo...