Should I worry about Dercum's disease if I am obese and experience fatigue?

Although obesity and extreme fatigue are symptoms of Dercum's disease, a diagnosis usually requires that they are coupled with painful, fatty lumps on the body called lipomas. In fact, some cases of Dercum's disease have been reported from non- obese people. But obesity and fatigue often cause serious health complications if they are allowed to worsen. You should talk to your doctor about the risks associated with obesity and ask about treatment options.

Continue Learning about Dercum's Disease

Dercum's Disease

Dercum's disease is a rare disease in which you develop growths of fatty tissue called lipomas just under your skin. When these growths press against your nerves, the pain can very severe. Common symptoms of Dercum's are weight ga...

in that is unrelated to diet or exercise, strange accumulations of fat that have an abnormal consistency, feelings of extreme tiredness and pain to the touch in the affected areas. This disease occurs more often in women than in men. There are no specific tests for diagnosing Dercum's disease. If you have symptoms, you should see your doctor or a pain specialist to help control your pain.