What can my friends do to help me with my depression?

Seek out friends who will stick by you and help you through tough times. Ask them for specific help with daily routines, such as getting to therapy, exercising with you and encouraging you to take good care of yourself. You may need to educate your friends about your depression. They may not understand that depression is an illness and requires treatment. They may expect that you can just pull it together and get better. They may think they can cheer you up.

Continue Learning about Depression

For seniors, when is it time to get help for depression?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Answering the following two questions can help determine if a senior patient is depressed: Do you...
How can what I eat affect my mood?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
You are what you eat -- right? We all spend lots of time in the dog food aisle reading labels to...
What is cortical spreading depression?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Cortical spreading depression (CSD) creates short-lasting waves that move across the brain; the wave...
Ward Off Winter Depression with B Vitamins