What is a depressive episode?

A depressive episode involves symptoms such as depressed mood, loss of interest and enjoyment, and increased fatigability. Depending on the number and severity of symptoms, a depressive episode can be categorized as mild, moderate or severe.

Continue Learning about Depression

How to Recognize Major Depression in Loved Ones
How to Recognize Major Depression in Loved OnesHow to Recognize Major Depression in Loved OnesHow to Recognize Major Depression in Loved OnesHow to Recognize Major Depression in Loved Ones
Help a friend or family member by learning the signs of major depression. Lately, your mom seems sad, hopeless, listless, anxious, morose, or unkempt...
Why Is It Important to Figure Out Why I Feel Sad?
What Precautions Should I Take if I Want to Stop Taking an Antidepressant?
What Types of Mental Activity Can I Do to Help Manage Depression?