How common is depression during and after pregnancy?

Depression is a common problem during and after pregnancy. About 13 percent of pregnant women and new mothers have depression.

The answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about Depression

7 Ways To Beat Winter SADness
7 Ways To Beat Winter SADness
During the winter months, about 15 percent of Americans suffer from a mood disorder known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). SAD symptoms are simil...
How long does depression last?
Dr. Deborah Serani, PsyDDr. Deborah Serani, PsyD
Depression is a mood disorder that has a range of trajectories. So, some individuals will recover fu...
How to Recognize Major Depression in Loved Ones
How to Recognize Major Depression in Loved OnesHow to Recognize Major Depression in Loved OnesHow to Recognize Major Depression in Loved OnesHow to Recognize Major Depression in Loved Ones
Help a friend or family member by learning the signs of major depression.
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Depression Treatment?