Is watching TV a sign of depression?

It could be a sign that you feel down and need more socializing, researchers say. A 2008 survey of people who considered themselves happy found that they watched about 19 hours of television weekly compared with 25 hours for "unhappy" people. The theory is that happier people had other things to do with their leisure time, such as volunteering, pursuing hobbies or spending time with friends.

Continue Learning about Depression Symptoms

What are the symptoms of depression?
Irritability can be a symptom of a mental disorder like depression or post-traumatic stress disorder...
What should I do if I have symptoms of depression during pregnancy?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Call your doctor if:Your baby blues don't go away after 2 weeks Symptoms of depression get more and ...
What Are Antidepressants, and How Do They Work?
What Types of Mental Activity Can I Do to Help Manage Depression?