Do the symptoms of depression differ in men and women?

Symptoms of depression differ in men and women; men tend to be more irritable and act out, while women often cry and sleep more. Watch as psychologist Jeffrey Gardere, PhD, discusses how the symptoms of depression are different in men and women.

Continue Learning about Depression Symptoms

Is extreme fatigue a symptom of depression?
Dr. Kelly TraverDr. Kelly Traver
Many doctors feel that "emotional fatigue" may be the most energy-draining cause of fatigue there is...
What are the physical symptoms of depression?
Dr. William B. Salt, MDDr. William B. Salt, MD
The most common medically unexplained symptom associated with depression is pain. Pain may involve ...
What Type of Set-Up Is Used to Administer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?
Does Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Cure Depression, or Would I Need Ongoing TMS Treatment?