How can I take credit for my accomplishments when I'm depressed?

John Preston, PsyD
When you complete a task, take a moment to congratulate yourself, either aloud or silently. If it’s a major accomplishment, such as completing a large project for work or reaching a personal goal you’ve had for a while, plan a celebration for yourself and your close friends or associates. Be mindful of your tendency to negate your accomplishments or to move on without marking them as significant. How does it feel to celebrate having accomplished something you’re pleased with and proud of?
Depression 101: A Practical Guide to Treatments, Self-Help Strategies, and Preventing Relapse

When you have depression, it can feel like there's no way out. To begin changing the way you feel, you'll need an arsenal of proven techniques for lifting your mood and preventing relapse. The...

Continue Learning about Living With Depression