How can I communicate better with my partner if I have depression?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

If someone in your family is experiencing anxiety, stress or depression, help them find support and resources outside of the family so that a professional can help you both handle it. Depression and anxiety are medical conditions the same as high blood pressure and diabetes, and they often require treatment.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Dr. Jeffrey Gardere, PhD
Psychology Specialist

If you're depressed, you may have issues communicating with your partner; it's important to be clear when you need help and support. Watch psychologist Jeffrey Gardere, PhD, discuss how to communicate if you have depression, or if your partner does.

Dr. Marsha Lucas
Psychology Specialist

Depression takes a toll on a relationship. In this WisePatient video, neuropsychologist Marsha Lucas, PhD, author of Rewire Your Brain for Love, discusses what your partner needs to know if you have depression.

Continue Learning about Living With Depression

Living With Depression

Living With Depression

Living with depression can feel like a challenge, but with the right tools, you can learn to successfully manage your condition. It's important to follow the recommendations of your primary healthcare provider, take any depression ...

medication as prescribed and utilize the social supports around you. It's also important to eat well, get enough sleep, exercise and keep track of your depression symptoms.