How can I communicate better with my partner if I have depression?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

If someone in your family is experiencing anxiety, stress or depression, help them find support and resources outside of the family so that a professional can help you both handle it. Depression and anxiety are medical conditions the same as high blood pressure and diabetes, and they often require treatment.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Dr. Jeffrey Gardere, PhD
Psychology Specialist

If you're depressed, you may have issues communicating with your partner; it's important to be clear when you need help and support. Watch psychologist Jeffrey Gardere, PhD, discuss how to communicate if you have depression, or if your partner does.

Dr. Marsha Lucas
Psychology Specialist

Depression takes a toll on a relationship. In this WisePatient video, neuropsychologist Marsha Lucas, PhD, author of Rewire Your Brain for Love, discusses what your partner needs to know if you have depression.

Continue Learning about Living With Depression

How to Help Loved Ones Facing Depression
It's hard to watch a loved one struggle with major depression, and even tougher when your attempts to help are pushed away. Unfortunately, people with...
Will depression keep me from getting a civilian job again?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
It’s not unusual for veterans to be concerned about the effect of depression and other mental health...
What are mantras for depression?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
The cloudy, depressed mind responds well to short, emphatic and personally tailored phrases you can ...
How Is Bipolar Disorder Treated?
How Is Bipolar Disorder Treated?