Can prayer help me deal with depression if I have cancer?

If you have cancer, finding support in prayer, spirituality, or your religion may help you move through your depression. In a recent review of scientific studies examining distant healing practices, over half of the studies indicated that a patient's healing process was helped when prayer, therapeutic touch, or mental or spiritual healing was practiced by the patient, friends, or family.

Continue Learning about Living With Depression

Living With Depression

Living With Depression

Living with depression can feel like a challenge, but with the right tools, you can learn to successfully manage your condition. It's important to follow the recommendations of your primary healthcare provider, take any depression ...

medication as prescribed and utilize the social supports around you. It's also important to eat well, get enough sleep, exercise and keep track of your depression symptoms.