Can where I live make me depressed?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people who live in the Southeast region of the United States have the highest rates of depression. Researchers believe that depression in this area may arise from other health problems. These include obesity, heart disease, stroke, and sleep disorders.

Continue Learning about Depression Causes & Risks

Getting Help For Depression When You Have Psoriasis
While there is no cure for psoriasis, there are treatments that can help people who have psoriasis achieve clear or clearer skin. Treatment is differe...
What is the relationship between depression and power?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Thorough investigations have not demonstrated a robust relationship between depression and great...
Can dry mouth, neck stiffness and tiredness be side effects of Buproprion?
MediGuardMediGuard
It may take up to 6 weeks of taking bupropion before your body to adjusts to the side effects buprop...
Who Is a Candidate for Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) to Treat Depression?