How common is depression in seniors?

Depression among seniors is prevalent. Seniors may not know they are depressed. They may feel sad, have little energy, and not be interested in life. I suggest you monitor the senior's mood. Depression is treatable. No one needs to languish in the depths of depression.

Continue Learning about Depression Causes & Risks

Risk Factors for Major Depressive Disorder
Major depression (also called clinical depression, major depressive disorder, or MDD) doesn't discriminate between different types of people. Anyone—m...
Is depression common with severe burns and burn pain?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Depression may be associated with chronic burn pain. In patients with debilitating burns, major endo...
What are the causes of depression for a veteran?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
There can be multiple potential causes for depression. For veterans, trauma or loss in combat, or a ...
What Types of Mental Activity Can I Do to Help Manage Depression?