What causes problems with anger control?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

People get angry for a variety of reasons such as stress, use of drugs, and hormonal changes. Repressing your feelings over time so that they build up inside of you can also cause you to explode in ways that are not normal. Being angry is not necessarily bad but when it causes problems, learning anger control techniques are necessary. Problems with controlling your anger are typically learned throughout your life.

Continue Learning about Depression Causes & Risks

Risk Factors for Major Depressive Disorder
Major depression (also called clinical depression, major depressive disorder, or MDD) doesn't discriminate between different types of people. Anyone—m...
How can where I live affect my risk for depression?
When depressive symptoms occur in the winter because of less exposure to sunlight the condition is c...
Is Depression Hereditary?
Is Depression Hereditary?
Who Is a Candidate for Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) to Treat Depression?