What should I tell my dentist prior to getting overdentures?

Your dentist needs to know about your overall health before starting the work for overdentures. Tell you dentist if you are pregnant or think you might be. Dentists generally recommend avoiding any dental work during the first trimester. Dental anesthesia at any time during pregnancy may cause problems for an unborn baby. Tell you dentist if you have heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, a bleeding disorder, asthma, or any other illness. Also tell your doctor about all the drugs you take, including supplements and over-the-counter medications. Be sure to tell you dentist if you have any drug allergies. 

Continue Learning about Dentures