What should I tell my dentist prior to getting immediate dentures?

Before you get immediate dentures, your dentist needs to have a good idea of your overall health. If you are pregnant or think you might be, discuss this with the dentist. You will need anesthesia for the tooth extractions right before you get your immediate dentures. Anesthesia could cause problems for an unborn baby. Tell the dentist if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, a bleeding disorder, asthma, or any other illness. Be sure to tell the doctor about all the drugs you take, including supplements and over-the-counter medications. If you have any drug allergies, tell your dentist.

Continue Learning about Dentures