Question

Dentures

What denture care will I need to do if I get Cu-Sil partial dentures?

• A Saul Miller, Dentist, answered
    The care of a Cu-sil denture is somewhat different from a conventional denture or partial denture because of the elastomeric gaskets used for retention. The manufacturer recommends specific cleaners for this type of material. Information can be found on the Cu-sil website.

Also you must be very careful in handling to Cu-sil material to avoid damaging it. If it is damaged, it may become less retentive and also cause gingival inflammation and irritation.
  • A Jerry Gordon, Dentist, answered
    As with any partial denture, I recommend seeing your dentist every six months for a check-up and dental cleaning. The Cu-Sil is used for teeth that are loose or broken down, so these teeth often need to be removed over time and can be added to the partial denture.
What should I tell my dentist prior to getting Cu-Sil partial dentures?