Will other people be able to tell I'm wearing dentures?

Often others will not be able to tell if you are wearing dentures, especially if care has been taken regarding speech sounds, esthetics and lip support. I usually tell my patients not to expect others to say "nice teeth," but rather to ask if they are wearing their hair differently, or something to that effect. This is because the dentures blend in to the point where others are aware of a change, but they don't know what it is.

If the denture has not been personalized for you and your mouth, it may not look as natural as a custom fabricated denture.
Fortunately, the technology used to make dentures has become quite advanced over the years. Because of new materials and methods used to make them, most dentures made today don't look obviously fake to anyone else. This is especially true of partial dentures and bridges, which often look very natural. Complete dentures may slip or click when eating certain foods, which can look strange. For the most part, though, no one else will be able to tell you're wearing dentures!

Continue Learning about Dentures