Does insurance cover the cost of dentures?

Yes, no and maybe.

Some insurance plans cover dentures at the benefit level they allow for major services and prosthetics. There may be a deductible and copay with the amount determined by the insurance contract. Some plans do not cover major services at all. In addition, benefits may be limited, or not available at all, depending on annual maximum and plan limitations, such as frequency of service and if the denture has been lost or broken.

As with many dental services when you have a dental plan, it is often best to predetermine treatment for an estimate of your out-of-pocket costs.

Continue Learning about Dentures

What daily oral care will I need if I have dentures?
Caring for your mouth is just as important when you have dentures as it is when you have all your na...
Will dentures increase my risk for oral health problems?
Dentures don't normally increase the risk for oral health problems. Since dentures are normally a la...
What is a Nesbit denture?
A Nesbit denture is a type of denture that's used to replace missing teeth in the back of the mouth....
What are some problems that may occur with dentures?
Like natural teeth, dentures can cause problems if they're not cared for properly. If dentures a...