Does denture adhesive containing zinc cause neuropathy?

It is possible that some popular brands of denture adhesive that contain zinc can cause neurological problems if over-used. Multiple applications of denture adhesive every day and the ingestion of the adhesive can cause an over-dose of zinc that has the potential for neurological problems. Dentures should be well-fitting and the use of adhesive should be optional or not needed at all. Loose dentures should be evaluated by your dentist and be relined, rebased or remade.

Continue Learning about Dentures

Will I need to change my diet once I get dentures?
You won't have to completely change your diet when you get dentures, but you may have to make some a...
Will dentures make me look different?
Dentures, or false teeth, can look similar to your natural teeth. Full dentures are used when yo...
Why do I need to see my dentist if I wear dentures?
If you wear dentures, it's important to see your dentist regularly. Your dentist can check under you...
What are some problems that may occur with dentures?
Like natural teeth, dentures can cause problems if they're not cared for properly. If dentures a...