What's causing my face pain?

There are many causes including a tooth problems, muscle problems, ligament and tendon problems, and nerve problems.

If the pain is not gone within a few days I would suggest seeing a specialist in facial pain. A listing can be found at www.aaop.org or www.aacfp.org. One of those dentists should be able to diagnose the cause of the pain and offer appropriate treatment. Rarely is complex dentistry or surgery required.

Many things can cause pain in your face and mouth. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains the different symptoms of facial pain.

Continue Learning about Oral Health