What's causing my face pain?

There are many causes including a tooth problems, muscle problems, ligament and tendon problems, and nerve problems.

If the pain is not gone within a few days I would suggest seeing a specialist in facial pain. A listing can be found at www.aaop.org or www.aacfp.org. One of those dentists should be able to diagnose the cause of the pain and offer appropriate treatment. Rarely is complex dentistry or surgery required.

Many things can cause pain in your face and mouth. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains the different symptoms of facial pain.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Chapped Lips? Avoid This . . .
Chapped Lips? Avoid This . . .
If the cooler fall air has you reaching for your lip balm, flip it over and look at the label. You might want to ditch it if you see this in the ingre...
What could cause a salty taste in my mouth?
Gerald P. Curatola, DDSGerald P. Curatola, DDS
A salty taste in the mouth is most commonly due to dehydration as the saliva becomes more salty tast...
7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile
7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile
Get a gorgeous grin with these simple tips from leading dentists.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?