What's causing my face pain?

Many things can cause pain in your face and mouth. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains the different symptoms of facial pain.

There are many causes including a tooth problems, muscle problems, ligament and tendon problems, and nerve problems.

If the pain is not gone within a few days I would suggest seeing a specialist in facial pain. A listing can be found at www.aaop.org or www.aacfp.org. One of those dentists should be able to diagnose the cause of the pain and offer appropriate treatment. Rarely is complex dentistry or surgery required.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Soothing Burning Mouth Syndrome
Soothing Burning Mouth Syndrome
The Burning Man arts and music festival in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert is an experience that draws almost 70,000 people a year. Impressive. But over 18...
Are my parent's dental needs met in a nursing home?
Nursing homes and assisted living facilities may or may not have some sort of oral health programs. ...
7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth
7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth7 Bad Habits That Wreck Your Teeth
From sipping sugary sodas to chewing on pen caps, some common habits are terrible for your teeth.
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums