What supplements can I take to whiten my wine-stained teeth?

As many of my colleagues have pointed out, there are no supplements that can whiten your teeth (I don't care what the bottle says.) The best thing you can do is brush your teeth religiously, and talk to your dentist about occasional tooth whitening - your dentist will have a bevy of treatment options available, some rather modest in cost (I would ask your dentist rather than use the OTC stuff in the drugstore.)

Brush, floss, and enjoy your wine.

There are no supplements that will whiten your wine stained teeth. There are options that will help to minimize the staining the effect from the wine. What you can do is either decrease your consumption of wine, or take care to keep it on your tongue and minimize the amount that goes on your teeth. Furthermore, you can brush your teeth about 30 mins after you have drunk wine to prevent the buildup of the staining effect. At the very least you can rinse your mouth with water. The longer the wine sits on the teeth the longer it will have time to penetrate the Enamel and cause discoloration. It is the acidity and tannins the cause the discoloration. Chewing gum stimulates salivation and can also help to remineralize and minimize the staining effect.  

The safest and most predictable way to whiten your teeth is thru your dentist. But again if your stain is from red wine, it's fighting a losing battle. White teeth and red wine don't go together. Pick one, and enjoy life.

Rita Medwid
Dentist
Don't waste your money! There is no pill for white teeth. You can use white strips from various companies, and whitening toothpaste. But the safest and best way to whiten teeth is by your dentist. 
There are no supplements to whiten teeth. The first step to achieving a brighter smile is to consult with your dentist. He or she can determine the most appropriate whitening treatment based on your existing oral health and other factors such as sensitive teeth or whether or not you have dental restorations. Once you have been evaluated, you and your dentist can decide together which method--professionally-applied whitening, custom-made whitening trays or over-the-counter (OTC) whitening products--is best for you.

Several whitening toothpastes that are available over the counter have received the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which means they have been thoroughly tested for safety and effectiveness.
There are no supplements that whiten teeth. I would suggest you try over-the-counter or dentist supervised tooth whitening procedures.
There are no supplements available that can whiten your teeth by removing wine stains. However, there are several teeth-whitening options you can try. The least expensive is brushing your teeth with toothpaste that has the bleaching agent peroxide as an ingredient. Over-the-counter teeth strips also contain peroxide at higher levels and may brighten teeth and remove some stains. The most expensive teeth-whitening option is in-office bleaching usually done by a dentist. The dentist places a protective gel or shield over your gums before applying the bleaching agent to your teeth. The process takes about 30 minutes and may require more than one visit.

Continue Learning about Oral Health