What is orthodontia?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Orthodontia is the movement of malpositioned teeth into a more normal position. The correction has both functional benefits (better chewing of food and better mouth breathing) and cosmetic benefits. In addition, by improving the bite, the teeth don't bang into one another and last longer.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Best and Worst Foods for Your Teeth
Best and Worst Foods for Your TeethBest and Worst Foods for Your TeethBest and Worst Foods for Your TeethBest and Worst Foods for Your Teeth
Eat your way to a healthy smile with these smart diet tips. You brush twice a day, you floss daily (okay, almost daily), you see your dentist twice a ...
7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
Find out the worst foods for tooth enamel loss and acid erosion in teeth ok Guess what? Sugar isn't the biggest culprit when it comes to a fizzy drink...
How Can I Help Someone Get Over a Fear of Going to the Dentist?
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums