Should I get dental work done in another country?

Abraham Speiser
Dentist

I have had to make major changes in crowns (bridgework) on 2 of my patients who had dental treatment in 2 different foreign countries. In both cases, the normal gum tissues of the mouth were inflamed and were subject to bleeding when food brushed by the gums the wrong way. I currently have a new patient who is from a third foreign country who has excellent restorative treatment. There are no rules. But inability to follow up with the treating dentist is a major drawback.

The United States holds high accreditation standards for dentists. Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains why getting dental treatment in another country may cost more down the road.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Worst Case Scenario … I Didn’t Floss
Worst Case Scenario … I Didn’t Floss
A trip to the dentist isn’t complete without being scolded for not flossing every day. And even though you know you should, it doesn’t always make it ...
What is an oral pathologist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Oral pathology is the specialty of dentistry and discipline of pathology that deals with the nature,...
7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile
7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile
Get a gorgeous grin with these simple tips from leading dentists.
Floss Your Teeth to Prevent Heart Disease