How is malocclusion diagnosed?

Malocclusion, or bad bite, involves teeth that are crowded or crooked. Malocclusions often become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, as the child’s permanent (adult) teeth erupt. Your child’s dentist can spot problems with emerging teeth and jaw growth early on, while the primary teeth are present. That’s why regular dental examinations are important.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

8 Reasons You Shouldn’t Avoid the Dentist
8 Reasons You Shouldn’t Avoid the Dentist8 Reasons You Shouldn’t Avoid the Dentist8 Reasons You Shouldn’t Avoid the Dentist8 Reasons You Shouldn’t Avoid the Dentist
Modern dental care is all about prevention and comfort. We all know somebody who looks forward to going to the dentist. You know, the kind of person w...
8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
Stop throwing mints at the problem—find out what's causing your bad breath.  By Rose Hayes Your breath can tell a lot about your health, from clues ...
5 Ways to Improve Your Health in 60 Seconds or Less
How Can I Help Someone Get Over a Fear of Going to the Dentist?