How can I help prevent malocclusion?

Regular visits to the dentist are the best way to prevent problems. Your child’s dentist can spot problems with emerging teeth and jaw growth early on, while the primary teeth are present. Treatment that begins for malocclusion, or bad bite, while a child is growing helps produce optimal results. Thumb-sucking, losing teeth prematurely and accidents also can lead to teeth that are crowded or crooked.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Top Smile Savers and Spoilers
Top Smile Savers and Spoilers
Somewhere in America, right now, a student's science fair project is demonstrating cola's ability to eat through tooth enamel. It's not pretty. But so...
Dental Visits Ward Off Pneumonia
Dental Visits Ward Off Pneumonia
In the Friends episode, “The One with Ross’ Teeth,” Ross (David Schwimmer) over-bleaches his teeth for an upcoming date, leaving him with glaringly wh...
Are bad teeth hereditary?
Jonathan H. Ford, DMDJonathan H. Ford, DMD
Bad teeth can be used to describe several teeth with lots of decay or it can be used to describe tee...
How Can I Help Someone Get Over a Fear of Going to the Dentist?