What is fee for service dental insurance?

Fee for service dental insurance can be summed up in three words: freedom of choice. Direct reimbursement (DR) programs are the standard fee for service dental insurance plans. These plans reimburse you for a certain percentage of the money you spend on dental care, no matter what type of care it is. This percentage is predetermined when you sign up for the plan. While these plans do not limit which dentists you can go to and what type of care you are covered for, it does encourage you to negotiate a reasonable price for procedures with your dentist.

Continue Learning about Dental Insurance Plans

Does my dental insurance cover me if I get treatment outside the country?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Some dental insurance plans may not cover you if you are treated in a foreign country. Watch Dr....
What does dental insurance cover?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Understanding the alphabet soup of dental insurance plans can be a difficult endeavor for most peopl...
Does dental insurance cover gum disease (periodontal disease)?
Periodontal (gum) disease is a bacterial infection of the gums, and treatment for this (potentially)...
Why should insurance plans have dental coverage?
Dental health is a key factor to preserving one's general health. Employers and other plan spons...