When should I call the dentist after getting plate form dental implants?

Your dentist will probably give you post-operative instructions, including being alert to symptoms that indicate you need to call the office. For day to day self-care, make sure you take all prescribed medications to prevent infection and minimize pain and step up your oral hygiene to minimize your risks for problems. Although some swelling, minor pain, and a little bleeding can be normal after dental implant surgery, if these symptoms worsen over the first few days after surgery or if you develop a fever, you should call your dentist. In addition, call your dentist if the implant is affecting your bite negatively, or causing any other dental problems.

Continue Learning about Dental Implant

Do I have to use two doctors for dental implants?
Tina L. Herington, DMDTina L. Herington, DMD
No, you do not have to use two doctors. Many general dentists place implants and also do the restora...
How can I reduce the risk of complications from plate form implant surgery?
To reduce your risks for complications after getting plate form dental implants, follow your den...
How are dental implants different than dentures or bridges?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Dental implants are posts that are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw, where they function ...
How long have dental implants been around?
The development and use of implants is one of the biggest advances in dentistry in the past 40 years...