Do dental implants look natural?

The implants themselves are placed within the bone of the jaw, and they then integrate with the bone creating a secure root form. (There are times, however, when the integration does not occur for a variety of reasons.)

The restoration of, and attached to, the implant(s) with a single crown, fixed bridge, removable denture that is retained by attachments on top of the implants and a variety of other tooth replacement methods is where the natural esthetics occurs. The answer is YES, the restoration retained and/or supported by implants can look very natural.

Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth and are designed to blend in with your other teeth. Nothing can take the place of a healthy set of natural teeth, but when disease or accident leads to tooth loss, dental implants a great option for restoring your smile.
Dental implants are designed to blend in with your existing teeth. Many people believe that dental implants look and feel more natural than other methods for replacing missing teeth. Dentures, as opposed to implants, for example, can slip, alter the way you speak, and make food chewing more difficult. People who receive dental implants often say that they forget they have them in their mouths.

Continue Learning about Dental Implant

How does my dentist evaluate me for dental implants?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
When considering dental implants, a patient's health is more of a factor than age. Those patients wh...
How should I take care of my dental implant?
Dental implants are posts that are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw, where they funct...
Can dental implants cause pain?
Some discomfort following the placement of a dental implant is normal. The area may be tender or sor...
What should I look for in a dentist who does dental implants?
Dr. Anthony SclarDr. Anthony Sclar
Most dental implant surgery is performed by oral maxillofacial surgeons, periodontists and other den...