What could cause pain in my upper mouth?

Upper mouth pain can be caused by a number of medical issues from a toothache or sore throat to more serious illnesses such as cancer. Certain diseases and their treatments may also be an underlying cause of upper mouth pain. For example, people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) may find it painful to eat or swallow, and those who receive cancer treatment may develop mouth sores. It is best to check with your dentist or doctor about any prolonged pain in your mouth, because it could be related to other illnesses in your body.

Continue Learning about Dental Emergency

How to Deal with 4 Common Types of Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere. Here’s how to handle four of the most common mishaps you may confront.  Emergency: Chipped or cra...
Is losing a filling or crown a dental emergency?
You should not wait too long to see a dentist if you lose a filling. Although it is not technically ...
Why is tooth luxation a dental emergency?
Tooth luxation means a loose tooth. If any  teeth become loose and, especially if they are painful, ...
How common is dental trauma?
Jim WoodsJim Woods
As an orthodontist I see a lot of dental trauma associated with patients who have protruding upper t...