What type of anesthesia will I need for treating a cracked tooth?

In most cases, you will not need anesthesia to treat a cracked tooth. Depending on the damage to the tooth and your individual treatment plan, your dentist will be able to tell you what medications or anesthesia will be needed.

For simple repairs such as smoothing, bonding, or a crown to cover and protect the tooth, you should not need any anesthesia. If you have more serious damage and need to have the tooth pulled, your dentist or oral surgeon may use a general anesthesia.

Continue Learning about Dental Emergency

What should I do if my gums, cheek, or tongue are injured?
Gums, cheeks, or the tongue may be injured in a number of ways, including cuts, punctures, and o...
How can I avoid dental emergencies?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
It depends on the type of emergency you would like to prevent. To avoid dental infections related...
What are common dental emergencies?
Common dental emergencies are: gum abscesses pulpal abscesses swelling, bleeding broken te...
What if I have a dental emergency but no dental insurance?
Mark A. Burhenne, DDSMark A. Burhenne, DDS
Here is what I recommend if you don't have dental insurance but find yourself in the middle of a den...