How will I know if having treatment for a cracked tooth was successful?

Generally, you will be able to tell if the treatment for a cracked tooth is successful if it has eliminated or greatly reduced your pain. If you are able to chew and not experience discomfort or sensitivity to temperature changes, then you may consider the treatment a success.

Sometimes your dentist is able to repair a crack that was diagnosed at a routine dental exam before you experience pain or other symptoms. The success of the treatment or repair will be evident when you do not develop more serious dental damage because the crack was stopped before it got worse.

Continue Learning about Dental Emergency

What if I have a heart attack during a dental procedure?
If you experience chest pain during your dental procedure, the dentist should stop the procedure, ca...
What medications are used during a dental emergency?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
It depends on the emergency or urgency. Often no medications are necessary other than local anest...
What sports can cause dental emergencies?
Without researching everything that is considered a sport, I would venture to say that dental injuri...
Who is most at-risk for dental trauma?
Children are the most at-risk population for dental emergencies. Up to 25% of 12-year-olds have inju...