How long is the recovery from having a cracked tooth fixed?

The recovery time from having a cracked tooth fixed depends on the type, location, and extent of the crack. If you have a very small crack that can be fixed with simple smoothing or bonding, your recovery time is minimal and should be without pain.

If your cracked tooth is much deeper or on one of your molars that you use every day to chew food, then the recovery may take longer and be a little more painful or uncomfortable. If your cracked tooth is so damaged that it needs to be removed and replaced with an implant, the recovery time may be many months.

Continue Learning about Dental Emergency

What should I do if my gums, cheek, or tongue are injured?
Gums, cheeks, or the tongue may be injured in a number of ways, including cuts, punctures, and o...
What anti inflammatories are used after a dental emergency?
Several hundred prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen or na...
How common is dental trauma?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Dental trauma is extremely common. It can result from and/or includes getting hit in the mouth, auto...
What constitutes a dental emergency?
Dental emergencies vary, but they usually involve a broken tooth or some type of severe pain in your...