How long will I be off work if I am having treatment for a cracked tooth?

The amount of time that you may need to be off work for treatment of a cracked tooth depends of the extent of your damage and the specific treatment plan. If you have a very slight crack that can be repaired with a simple polishing or bonding, then you should be able to complete the repair in one office visit.

If the crack is so severe that it is in the root of your tooth, the treatment schedule will be longer and will take more time. Talk with your dentist about your treatment schedule and ask about any extended hours he or she may offer. This can help you manage the treatment so it will not affect your productivity at work.

Continue Learning about Dental Emergency

How common is dental trauma?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Dental trauma is extremely common. It can result from and/or includes getting hit in the mouth, auto...
How can I prevent my young hockey player from dental trauma?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
With any sport, particularly a physical sport, there is the possibility of contact with your teeth o...
What are the treatment options for dental emergencies?
Treatment options for dental emergencies depend on the cause of the urgency or true emergency. Most ...
What causes teeth to crack?
Cracks in the teeth may form by eating hard objects like ice,  candy, or other hard foods. Accidents...