What are the benefits of getting a metal dental crown?

A full cast all metal crown has great advantages in the second molar regions of the mouth and in posterior areas when there is limited height of tooth structure to prepare.

In the second molar regions the porcelain on a porcelain fused-to-metal combination crown has a reasonable chance of fracture due biting forces. Therefore, a metal crown, especially a precious metal crown, is often the best alternative.

Continue Learning about Dental Crown

What does the process of getting a dental crown involve?
William M. Litaker Jr., DDSWilliam M. Litaker Jr., DDS
The process of getting a crown is very similar to getting a tooth filled. The tooth is numbed and it...
How will I know if getting a dental crown was successful?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If your teeth or stronger and/or the appearance of your teeth has improved, then getting a crown was...
Why is silver a good option for crowns on primary molars?
Crowns that appear to be made of silver are probably made of a material called amalgam. Amalgam ...
When should I call the dentist after getting a dental crown?
If you've had a dental crown placed, you can expect some numbness around your mouth if you've ha...