How will I know if my combination dental crown was put in well?

You will know if your combination dental crown was successful if it fits well in your mouth and feels like the rest of your teeth.

When you leave the dental office after the dental crown procedure, your face may feel funny or a little swollen until numbness from the anesthesia wears off. After your tooth has healed from the procedure it should feel normal with no pain or discomfort. If it hurts when you bite down and the pain doesn’t go away, check with your dentist.

If you notice a thin, dark line next to your gum where your tooth was crowned, it is the metal portion of the crown and nothing to be concerned about. If the line from the metal is visible on a front tooth and looks funny you may want to replace it with a dental crown that is all porcelain.

Continue Learning about Dental Crown

What is a dental crown made of?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Dental crowns are made from several types of materials. Metal alloys, ceramics, porcelain, compo...
How long is the recovery after getting a dental crown?
After getting a dental crown placed, you can expect that you will go home shortly afterwards and the...
What costs more, veneers or crowns?
Thomas Connelly, Online InfluencerThomas Connelly, Online Influencer
They are actually fairly similar in time spent, so the price is going to be pretty close. I will say...
Why are dental crowns used?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Crowns are indicated to provide a more secure restoration for teeth with extensive fillings and/or w...