How can I control my pain after getting a dental crown?

After getting your dental crown, you shouldn't feel much pain or discomfort. But if you are worried about pain management, talk to your dentist about options to minimize your pain and make you feel comfortable. Your dentist may suggest that you try over-the-counter pain relievers such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or may write you a prescription for stronger pain medicine. Remember, though, that if you go home and start feeling severe pain, or if your pain improves and then gets bad again, call your dentist. That kind of pain could be a sign that an infection is developing, and it should be treated as early as possible.

Continue Learning about Dental Crown

Are dental crowns strong enough to chew food?
Larry K. Litman, DDSLarry K. Litman, DDS
The materials today in fabricating dental crowns are very strong and at the same time very esthetic ...
How long do dental crowns last?
Dr. Benjamin S Fiss DDSDr. Benjamin S Fiss DDS
Crowns last an average of ten to 15 years. The degree of home care and maintenance by the patient wi...
What type of anesthesia will I need for a dental crown?
Your dentist may use local anesthesia, conscious sedation, or general anesthesia to place your d...
Are combination dental crowns common?
Combination dental crowns made of metal and porcelain are fairly common because they provide the...