When does a removable dental bridge need to be repaired?

Over time, as you age and your mouth changes, your removable bridge (a restoration that replaces or spans the space where one or more teeth have been lost) may no longer fit well. It also could break; crack or chip, or one of the teeth could loosen. In many instances, dentists can make the necessary adjustment or repairs, often on the same day. But complicated repairs may take longer. If you need extensive dental reconstruction, including a removable bridge, your dentist will provide the treatment or refer you to a prosthodontist.

Continue Learning about Dental Bridge

What is a fixed dental bridge?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A fixed bridge (sometimes called a fixed partial denture) is a restoration that replaces or span...
How should I care for my dental bridge?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
First, it depends what type of bridge is being discussed.  A removable partial denture, called a ...
What are the different types of fixed dental bridges?
A fixed bridge (a restoration that replaces or spans the space where one or more teeth have been...
What is the process of obtaining a dental bridge?
It is necessary to visit your dentist to obtain a bridge. S/he will recommend the type of bridge tha...