What type of anesthesia will I need for a cantilever dental bridge?

When your dentist is preparing the anchor tooth for the crown that will hold your cantilever dental bridge in place, you will get a local anesthetic to numb the immediate area. The anesthesia will wear off shortly after the procedure is completed, and most people have little or no pain afterward. No anesthesia is needed to put the bridge into place.

Continue Learning about Dental Bridge

How much do dental bridges cost?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Excellent question. What is the condition of the supporting teeth? How many teeth and missing tee...
What is a fixed dental bridge?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A fixed bridge (sometimes called a fixed partial denture) is a restoration that replaces or span...
How should I care for my dental bridge?
First, it depends what type of bridge is being discussed.  A removable partial denture, called a ...
How do I know if I need a dental bridge?
If you're considering a dental bridge, you should discuss this option with your dentist to determine...