How long do dental bridges last?

A permanent dental bridge should last at least 5 years. I expect bridges I do to last at least 10 years or longer. Many things affect the longevity of a bridge, including the person's commitment to good oral hygiene, frequency of dental check-ups and cleanings, strength of the teeth prepared for the bridge, the position of how the upper and lower teeth meet, and other factors.
A dental bridge is a type of denture that fills the space created by one or more missing teeth. The bridge (or fixed partial denture, as it is sometimes called) is supported by your natural teeth. A dental bridge can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years, especially if you take good care of your teeth and mouth.

Continue Learning about Dental Bridge

How much do dental bridges cost?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Excellent question. What is the condition of the supporting teeth? How many teeth and missing tee...
When does a removable dental bridge need to be repaired?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Over time, as you age and your mouth changes, your removable bridge (a restoration that replaces...
How many visits does it take for a dental bridge?
Getting a dental bridge will necessitate two or more dental visits. On the first visit, your dentist...
What are the advantages of a removable dental bridge?
Removable partial dentures (sometimes called a bridge) afford patients a way to replace teeth at a l...