What complications are associated with getting a cantilever dental bridge?

Complications from getting a cantilever bridge are uncommon. However, it is possible that the tooth-shaping needed to anchor the bridge could cause an infection. Poor dental hygiene after the bridge is in place can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Over time, the bridge may shift, crack, or break and need repair or replacement.

Continue Learning about Dental Bridge

What are the disadvantages of a fixed dental bridge?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Disadvantages of fixed dental bridges include: likely to be more expensive than removable bridges ...
How do I know if I need a dental bridge?
If you're considering a dental bridge, you should discuss this option with your dentist to determine...
What is the use of dental bridges?
A bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth, looks great, and literally bridges the gap wh...
What is the process of obtaining a dental bridge?
It is necessary to visit your dentist to obtain a bridge. S/he will recommend the type of bridge tha...