What could happen if I choose not to have dental bonding?

Dental bonding is mostly used to correct a cosmetic flaw, such as a chipped or discolored tooth, so not having the procedure simply means that the flaw remains. Dental bonding is usually a choice, not a necessity, but in some case a dentist suggests dental bonding to fill a small cavity or help realign a tooth. If this is the case, discuss the options with your dentist.

Continue Learning about Dental Bonding

When should I call the dentist after having dental bonding?
You should call your dentist after dental bonding if you experience any pain or discomfort. You ...
How long is the recovery after dental bonding?
There is no recovery time after dental bonding. However, you should avoid smoking cigarettes as ...
What is the process of dental bonding?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The tooth bonding process involves preparing the tooth surface with an etching solution. The sol...
What are the alternatives to having dental bonding?
The alternatives to dental bonding depend on what you want the bonding for. If you are consideri...