Does insurance cover dental bonding?

Dental bonding is the way many materials adhere to tooth structure. Therefore, if insurance offers benefits for the specific procedure or type of filling then the bonding is also covered.

If you are asking whether cosmetic bonding procedures are covered by insurance the answer is usually NO. Tooth colored bonded fillings may or may not be covered on back teeth, and, if so, possibly at the same percentage as silver fillings but with a surcharge. Tooth colored fillings on front teeth are usually covered at the plan's benefit level.

Bonding is used for so many reasons. Some reasons are covered by even the most basic dental insurance, while others are not covered by even the best dental insurance plans. 

Continue Learning about Dental Bonding

What are the benefits of having dental bonding?
The benefits of dental bonding are largely cosmetic, including hiding cracks, chips, discolorati...
What type of anesthesia will I need for dental bonding?
In most cases, anesthesia is not needed for dental bonding because the procedure is not painful....
Can I drive myself home after having dental bonding?
It is safe to drive home after dental bonding because the procedure is usually done without anes...
What is the process of dental bonding?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The tooth bonding process involves preparing the tooth surface with an etching solution. The sol...