What causes dengue fever?

Dengue fever is caused by a virus that is carried in the blood. It is transmitted from infected people to others by mosquito bite. It cannot be transmitted through human contact. The disease is most commonly found in tropical and sub-tropical regions like Africa and Southeast Asia.

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever

What are the treatment options for dengue fever?
The best treatment for dengue fever is acetaminophen to treat the pain and fever and plenty of fluid...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with dengue fever?
When caring for someone with dengue fever, make sure they stay hydrated, rest, and take acetaminophe...
What increases my risk for dengue fever?
Your risk for dengue fever increases when you travel to tropical areas and if you have previously be...
Is dengue fever serious?
Dengue fever is uncomfortable but not serious. It is the mildest disease caused by the dengue vi...