Should I tell my child's school about their dengue fever?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

As a safety precaution, notifying your child's school that they have had dengue fever is a good idea. If your child is no longer exhibiting symptoms of dengue fever, then the virus is most likely out of their system. It is best to check with your child's doctor before having them return to school.

People who actively exhibit symptoms of dengue fever should not be around mosquito populated areas. Infected people have the virus in their blood, and if bitten again, it will make it possible for the virus to be spread to others. If your child has symptoms of dengue fever they should not be at school, they should be at home resting.

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever