Should I tell my child's school about their dengue fever?

As a safety precaution, notifying your child's school that they have had dengue fever is a good idea. If your child is no longer exhibiting symptoms of dengue fever, then the virus is most likely out of their system. It is best to check with your child's doctor before having them return to school.

People who actively exhibit symptoms of dengue fever should not be around mosquito populated areas. Infected people have the virus in their blood, and if bitten again, it will make it possible for the virus to be spread to others. If your child has symptoms of dengue fever they should not be at school, they should be at home resting.

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever

What is dengue fever?
Dengue fever is a viral disease that is spread through mosquito bites. It cannot be spread through h...
Does dengue fever affect children differently than adults?
Dengue fever affects children differently than adults because symptoms of dengue fever are usually m...
How do other illnesses affect dengue fever?
The disease that causes the largest risk of complications from dengue fever is a prior infection...
Is dengue fever serious?
Dengue fever is uncomfortable but not serious. It is the mildest disease caused by the dengue vi...